ARB Kitchen

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Personally this looks really cool for me. I am a sucker for stuff like this.

I can't find a price on it. But I'm guessing that it will cost 2-3K.

ColoradoMntMan

Rising Sun Member
That looks awesome! I wonder if these are longer than the drawers made for the 80. And knowing how expensive ARB is I could see it pushing 3k like you said

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
When I looked it up a few weeks ago, it was selling for the USD equivalent of ~3k. It is cool, but at that price I struggle to justify it. Also, the specs showed that it was ~50" long. So it is meant for a pickup and not our SUVs. They are also pretty heavy at about 200lbs.

You guys seen this one? A little bit more expensive, but it comes with running water! :D

Last edited:

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
When I looked it up a few weeks ago, it was selling for the USD equivalent of ~3k. It is cool, but at that price I struggle to justify it. Also, the specs showed that it was ~50" long. So it is meant for a pickup and not our SUVs. They are also pretty heavy at about 200lbs.

You guys seen this one? A little bit more expensive, but it comes with running water! :D
I couldn't find any prices online. I won't pay 3K for it. I have a m416 trailer I'm starting a build on and was already planning on a kitchen kind of like this. Can't blame ARB for the price, as people will pay it, but I sure think it's cool.

Be cool to put in a home made trailer set up.

Exactly! This would be perfect for a m416 trailer, the only issue I can see is if it can get rained on, and it doesn't look like it can. But! I have some ideas on how to solve that. If it's 3K I won't be interested in it, but maybe a couple of years down the road I'll find it on CL or something.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Exactly! This would be perfect for a m416 trailer, the only issue I can see is if it can get rained on, and it doesn't look like it can. But! I have some ideas on how to solve that. If it's 3K I won't be interested in it, but maybe a couple of years down the road I'll find it on CL or something.

A set of drawers with the kitchen and a fridge on top with a full pass through compartment in front of them would be my ideal trailer set up. RTT and awning would complete the base camp set up. I’d sell my pop up if I could come up with the time to build said trailer.

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
A set of drawers with the kitchen and a fridge on top with a full pass through compartment in front of them would be my ideal trailer set up. RTT and awning would complete the base camp set up. I’d sell my pop up if I could come up with the time to build said trailer.

Literally in that process right now. Have a great popup but this is exactly what I'm going for.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
I couldn't find any prices online. I won't pay 3K for it. I have a m416 trailer I'm starting a build on and was already planning on a kitchen kind of like this. Can't blame ARB for the price, as people will pay it, but I sure think it's cool.

I could see this as a product that will print money for them. There are so many people who aren't very price sensitive with these type of camping products. I look forward to this product serving as a proving ground for other manufacturers to enter the space at a lower price point.

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
so where is this build thread Phillip?

It's coming for sure. I'll probably post more up once some of the fabrication work is done. It'll be easier to explain what I'm doing once I have all of that stuff done.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I could see this as a product that will print money for them. There are so many people who aren't very price sensitive with these type of camping products. I look forward to this product serving as a proving ground for other manufacturers to enter the space at a lower price point.
I mean these are in the $500 range.

They take some DIY work to build it into something, but I have seen them in various trailer and homemade drawers. I have thought about cutting a section out of the front of mine for a slide out tray with a stove/sink combo and cutting board area.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Here is something I would consider, but it is a bit of a commitment to cut a big hole in the side of the tub.

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Personally I think it's cool, but I don't want to cut my tub up besides the tailgate. I'm also want to be able to place a fridge back there and I like having everything in one area. But it is a cool idea!

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Here is something I would consider, but it is a bit of a commitment to cut a big hole in the side of the tub.

I really like it! It definitely gives me some ideas on how to finish mine!

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Sorry to hijack the thread but I really like the concept of the Drifta kitchens. They make them in a variety of configurations and it is a concept that seems like it would be fairly easy to reproduce in the same variety applications.

1609890185190.png
1609890158995.png
1609890207359.png