Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-cb0006na
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a huge problem with my Omen Hp laptop. Omen model Cb0006na, it has an i7-9750h processor and rtx 2070 gpu.

Last night I started having these artifacts on the screen while I was gaming on it.  Today it won't even boot into windows, no matter what I try. These are some screenshots of the display glitches on the laptop.  The laptop was cleaned periodically and the thermal paste changed every 4 months, due to high increase in dust and heating levels. 

I never overclocked the gpu or cpu, I undervolted the cpu, but not the gpu, this is an issue I assume with the video card, and I haven't touched that.  The laptop is almost three years old. Is this the lifespan of a 1.600£ laptop from HP? 

If that's so, I will avoid HP like the plague from now on. 

IMG20220911151223.jpg

IMG20220911153419.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Ellusive 

HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support for service repair

HP warranty expired:

In your case: Service is required !
- The computer should be disassembled and checked.
- Thermal paste for CPU GPU and bridges should be renewed
- The function of the fan(s) must be checked

- Desolder and replace GPU

- General cleaning ...

You should have it serviced by a professional notebook (chip level) repair store.

Good luck

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @Ellusive 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

(1) Test your hardware Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)

--->>> Perform <all> tests

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2854458-2733239-16

See section <Running HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI tests when Windows doesn't start>

See how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM

(2) Please report your results ( error messages, take pictures )

This video shows how to test your HP computer hardware using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. If you suspect that your computer has hardware issues, follow the steps in this video to isolate and identify them using the HP PC Diagnostics UEFI. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:18 Download and install
HP Recommended

Hi,

The problem is since it started to give me these artifacts, some bsod error pops up, and now it won't let me boot into windows at all. I tried a reset on the laptop, and it doesn't work, I tried also a recovery and it didn't work as well. The errors I get are as follows:  windows system32 winload.efi 0xc0000000f and srttrail.txt 0xc0000001. Because of these two, I cannot log into my computer at all. 

Any suggestions?

Later edit: I am doing the diagnostics right now as I type on mu phone. I'll post the results once it's finished, it may take a while. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Ellusive 

as I wrote before run <HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)>. This runs operating system independend on bootup.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've done almost all tests and all passed, but when I did all the video memory tests, there were artifacts all over the screen for a few moments, than they dissapeared. This kept going on and off for one hour on the long video memory test. 

Later edit: this is a video of a short video memory test, you can clearly see the artifacts on screen poping up in places. 

<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/748685796?h=fdbaeea135" width="640" height="1137" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HP Recommended

Hello @Ellusive 

If this error pattern is also displayed on an external monitor (connected via vga/hdmi), the graphics processor (GPU) is defective.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Yeah, figured it is so. 

So basically the gpu is done. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Ellusive 

HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support for service repair

HP warranty expired:

In your case: Service is required !
- The computer should be disassembled and checked.
- Thermal paste for CPU GPU and bridges should be renewed
- The function of the fan(s) must be checked

- Desolder and replace GPU

- General cleaning ...

You should have it serviced by a professional notebook (chip level) repair store.

Good luck

HP Recommended

Thank you! It's a shame that the lifespan is only 2 and half years on HP laptops. Next time I'll go for MSI or Asus. 

Have a lovely day! 

HP Recommended

@Ellusive wrote:

Thank you! It's a shame that the lifespan is only 2 and half years on HP laptops. Next time I'll go for MSI or Asus. 

Have a lovely day! 

You're welcome !

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.