Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi All,

I purchased an omen obelisk gaming tower last week, when I 1st switch the tower on in carries out a series of beeps 3 long then 3 short. I thought nothing of it and switched the power off and restarted it, everything booted up fine.  Fast forward 4 days the beeping happened again so I switched off and switched back on and now the screen is full of horizontal lines/artifacts. 

961FA453-C9B3-4D08-B8EB-087B49ED0D1A.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

At a guess...

Hardware

The embedded controller has timed out waiting for BIOS to return from graphics initialization.

Indicates potential graphics chip failure.

For integrated configuration (I/C):

1 For I/C, confirm if graphics is on processor or Main-Board.

2 For I/C where graphics is on the CPU, swap known good processor.

3 For I/C, replace Main-Board and/or processor as appropriate.

If the add-in card requires additional power, verify the cord is plugged in.

For non-integrated configuration (N-I/C😞

1 Reseat card if able.

2 Test known good card if able.

3 Replace affected component.

HP Recommended

I bought the tower prebuilt so no option to remove and refit without invalidating the warranty. I contacted the seller and they have no more in stock. I am trying to contact HP direct but they must be closed for the day. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.