Carryall platform for Super C without fast hitch

JohnV2000

Hello everyone!

I have not posted here in a couple months because I have been quite busy with the start of college and other things. However, I am still enjoying my Super C and have been using it to rip out some dead shrubs and move some wood around my familys 2 acre property.

I want to build a carryall platform for my tractor so I can move some logs around, and also be able to transport things like a chainsaw.

The problem is, my Farmall Super C does not have a Fast Hitch, and almost all the designs for a carryall platform attach to a fast hitch. I am not sure how I could attach a platform to the back of my tractor.

Does anyone have any pictures or ideas on how I could build and attach a platform to the back of my tractor? It just has a regular Farmall drawbar non-Fast Hitch. I am mainly wondering how to secure the platform so it will not twist side to side.

Thanks,

John[/img]

I don't have a picture, but my dad built a platform out of some 2x6 lumber for his Farmall H. The platform rested mostly on the horseshoe drawbar and was large enough to hold two, 55 gallon drums for spraying fence rows and such.

You obviously need more hitch. You could fabricate a U-type bracket that would mount under the axle and drop down then come out and across. It would be readily removable and probably cross under your drawbar just ahead of the pin hole. You could make it fixed 3 point with two short arms extending towards the rear, and a separate top link point above.

Can't help you on a Farmall C, but forget hauling wood.
I built this one for the State Ag Museum and this is how they tried it out when I delivered it.
Richard in NW SC
cvphoto40431.jpg

cvphoto40432.jpg

John
I had to remove my hitch to install mower and installed a 2 inch reciever. I've seen carry alls behind cars using hitch.
cvphoto40434.jpg

I used bolts and large turn buckle to support hitch . I got the receiver hitch from HF.
Hope this gives you an idea to work with.

CAUTION, I'VE BEEN ACCUSED OF MAKING DEATH MACHINES

cvphoto40439.jpg

George

Thanks for the help!

Grandpa love, I am glad to be posting again, I am getting into the college routine so I have some more free time now.

I think I might try to make some sort of attachment to secure to my existing drawbar.

This is a little diagram I drew, the dark shaded stuff is the carryall platform mount and the unshaded parts are the existing tractor drawbar. My idea would mount to the horizontal bar via two bolts, then a cross support could also bolt to the drawbar sticking out perpendicular to the axle.

My only concern with the design is that the two attachment points would only be about 1 foot apart, but I think with appropriate bolts, it should adequately resist twisting and be sturdy enough.

mvphoto44712.jpg

Go and buy yourself one of those $600 5x8' trailers at Lowes or a trailer dealer. It
likely would be quite handy for other transporting jobs on the hiway behind your car
or PU.-----------------Loren

Put an axle mounted drawbar on it. I have
one on my C as well as the factory
drawbar. It'll give you more to bolt your
carry all to.

While the carry all would be very handy(I have one for my 300u),in your case a small trailer would work better.You cannot haul much weight on a carry all-it makes the front end light. Mark.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I really am glad to be back on here posting again! As the winter approaches, I will be moving some more wood around my yard and will no doubt post some pictures and have some questions to ask!

John

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back