(54) SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR ADDING
VALUE TO A STORED-VALUE ACCOUNT
(75) Inventors: Phillip Craig Graves, Atlanta, GA
(US); Merrill Brooks Smith, Atlanta,
(73) Assignee: e2interactive, Inc., Atlanta, GA (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
This patent is subject to a terminal disclaimer.
(21) Appl. No.: 11/672,689
(22) Filed: Feb. 8, 2007
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2007/0118478 Al May 24, 2007
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 10/739,301, filed on Dec. 19, 2003.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/519,630, filed on Nov. 14, 2003, provisional application No. 60/519,629, filed on Nov. 14, 2003.
(51) Int. CI.
G06Q 40/00 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 705/44; 705/35; 705/37;
705/39; 235/375; 235/379; 235/380; 235/381;
(58) Field of Classification Search 705/44,
705/35, 37, 39; 235/375, 385, 379-382 See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
A system and method for adding value into a customer's stored-value account is provided. A stored-value card is distributed to a merchant for distribution to a customer who has an account with an associated account number with a specific provider of goods and/or services. The card has an associated identifier used to associate a value with the card. Associated value is redeemable with one or more providers, including the specific provider. During a card purchase, a central processor receives a request to activate the card from a merchant terminal. The central processor receives a redemption request comprising the identifier from the customer. The central processor identifies the provider and account number, and inserts the associated value into the account. The central processor receives a subsequent request to activate the card from a merchant terminal, recognizes the card, identifies the provider and account number, and inserts the value into the account.
20 Claims, 10 Drawing Sheets