(54) NETWORKED SYSTEM FOR INTERACTIVE COMMUNICATION AND REMOTE MONITORING OF INDIVIDUALS
(75) Inventor: Stephen J. Brown, Woodside, CA (US)
(73) Assignee: Health Hero Network, Inc., Mountain View, CA (US)
( * ) Notice: This patent issued on a continued prosecution application filed under 37 CFR 1.53(d), and is subject to the twenty year patent term provisions ol 35 U.S.C. 154(a)(2).
Subject to any disclaimer, the term ol this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 09/300,856
(22) Filed: Apr. 28, 1999
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Division of application No. 08/946,341, filed on Oct. 7, 1997, now Pat. No. 5,997,476, which is a continuation-inpart of application No. 08/847,009, filed on Apr. 30, 1997, now Pat. No. 5,897,493.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/041,746, filed on May 28, 1997, and provisional application No. 60/041,751, filed on Mar. 28, 1997.
(51) Int. CI. A61B 5/00
(52) U.S. CI 600/300; 705/3; 600/301;
(58) Field of Search 600/300-301,
600/529-538, 500-509, 481^186; 128/897-898, 904, 905, 920-925, 903
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
The invention presents a networked system lor communicating information to an individual and for remotely monitoring the individual. The system includes a server and a remote interlace for entering in the server a set ol queries to be answered by the individual. The server is prelerably a web server and the remote interlace is prelerably a personal computer or remote terminal connected to the server via the Internet. The system also includes a remotely programmable apparatus connected to the server via a communication network, prelerably the Internet. The apparatus interacts with the individual in accordance with a script program received from the server. The server includes a script generator for generating the script program from the set ol queries entered through the remote interlace. The script program is received and executed by the apparatus to communicate the queries to the individual, to receive responses to the queries, and to transmit the responses from the apparatus to the server.
10 Claims, 15 Drawing Sheets