(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2006/0041288 Al
Dewing et al. (43) Pub. Date: Feb. 23,2006
(54) CONVERSATIONAL INTERFACE FOR PROGRAMMABLE IMPLANTABLE MEDICAL DEVICE
(75) Inventors: Wende L. Dewing, Edina, MN (US);
Dale R. Ulbrich, Maple Grove, MN
(US); Pavankumar Dadlani,
Minneapolis, MN (US)
IPLM GROUP, PA.
POST OFFICE BOX 18455
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55418 (US)
(73) Assignee: Medtronic, Inc., Minneapolis, MN (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 11/206,656
(22) Filed: Aug. 18, 2005
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/602,489, filed on Aug. 18, 2004.
(51) Int. CI.
A61N 1/08 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. C I 607/60
A system capable ol delivering a therapeutic output to a patient. An implantable medical device is capable of delivering the therapeutic output to the patient. A controller, programmable by a medical professional, operatively coupled to the implantable medical device, to specify, at least in part, the therapeutic output to be delivered to the patient. The controller is operable to specify the therapeutic output through specification of a plurality of tasks and having an interface with the medical professional. The interface accomplishes at least one the plurality of tasks through a series of questions and responses.