(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: Us 7,557,838 B2
Ogikubo (45) Date of Patent: Jul. 7,2009
(54) IMAGING METHOD AND IMAGING APPARATUS
(75) Inventor: Junichi Ogikubo, Kanagawa (JP)
(73) Assignee: Sony Corporation, Tokyo (JP)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 780 days.
(21) Appl.No.: 10/712,965
(22) Filed: Nov. 13, 2003
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2004/0151479 Al Aug. 5, 2004
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Nov. 15,2002 (JP) 2002-332654
(51) Int. CI.
H04N 5/76 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 348/231.3; 348/231.6
(58) Field of Classification Search 348/231.2,
348/231.3, 231.5, 231.6 See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
5,359,464 A * 10/1994 Wilkinson 386/104
7,047,305 Bl* 5/2006 Brooks et al 709/231
An imaging unit reads a signal out of an image pickup device to generate an image signal based on captured image. Signal processor generates image data from the image signal. Sampling analog audio signal allows audio data to be generated. Controller controls operations of the imaging unit and signal processor to alter a frame rate of the image data to a predetermined set frame rate and to generate associated information for indicating the set frame rate or the like. Transmitter combines the associated information with the image data and the audio data to transmit the combined ones as material data.
12 Claims, 12 Drawing Sheets