(54) LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY DEVICE AND METHOD OF FABRICATING THE SAME
(75) Inventors: Woo-Nam Jeong, Gyeongsangbuk-do (KR); Hyun-Suk Jin, Gyeonggi-do (KR); Won-Seok Kang, Seoul (KR)
(73) Assignee: LG Display Co., Ltd., Seoul (KR)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 635 days.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/446,399
(22) Filed: Jun. 5, 2006
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2006/0221279 Al Oct. 5, 2006
Related U.S. Application Data
(62) Division of application No. 10/812,054, filed on Mar. 30, 2004, now Pat. No. 7,072,012.
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
May 12, 2003 (KR) 10-2003-0029824
(51) Int. CI.
(52) U.S. CI 349/145; 349/114
(58) Field of Classification Search 349/113 114,
349/139, 145-146 See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
7,242,452 B2 * 7/2007 Jeong etal 349/145
An array substrate for a liquid crystal display device includes: a substrate; a gate line on the substrate; a data line crossing the gate line to define a pixel region including a transmissive portion and a reflective portion, the data line being divided into first and second branch lines, the first and second branch lines being spaced apart from each other and disposed in the reflective portion of the adjacent pixel regions, respectively; a thin film transistor connected to the gate line and the data line; a reflective electrode corresponding to the reflective portion and covering the first and second branch lines; and a transparent electrode corresponding to the transmissive portion and connected to the reflective electrode.
10 Claims, 9 Drawing Sheets