Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to Australian residents attending a participating school in Australia in Years 1 to 10, who have obtained their parents' and/or legal guardians' permission to enter and whose parents and/or legal guardians consent to be bound by these terms and conditions in their own right and on behalf of the entrant excluding employees (and their immediate families) of Google Australia Pty Ltd ("Google") and any affiliates, as well as representatives or agencies of Google or other persons professionally connected with the Doodle 4 Google competition. Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the Doodle 4 Google competition form part of the terms and conditions.
- Entrants will be grouped into 4 year groups: years 1 to 3, years 4 to 6, years 7 to 8 and years 9 to 10 (each a "Year Group"). Entrants must submit their Google Doodles, being modifications of the Google logo representing the theme “If I could travel back in time I would...”, to their schools, judged to be the best representations of the “If I could travel back in time I would...” theme from the entries submitted to that school, to be sent to Google. The school’s decision is final in this matter and Google will not accept any entries by any other route. The opening date for receipt of entries by Google from schools is 21 July 2015 and the closing date for receipt of entries by Google from schools is midnight (local time in New South Wales) on 21 August 2015. Entries received after this time will not be eligible for entry into the Doodle 4 Google competition. An entrant's school may set a closing time for submission of entries to that school. An entrant must submit his or her entry to his or her school by that time.
- At the Heats stage, Google will select 320 (80 from each Year Group) State and Territory Finalists from which 32 (8 from each Year Group) State and Territory Winners will be shortlisted from the entries submitted by schools in all Australian States and Territories. Winners and finalists will be selected by a panel consisting of independent judges and Google employees, judged on the best representations of the “If I could travel back in time I would...” theme and include the following judging criteria:(i) artistic merit (ii) creativity (iii) communication of the Contest theme (iv) appropriateness of supporting artist statement, and (v) whether the submission adheres to these Rules. Winners and finalists will be notified via their school on or before 17th September 2015.
- At the National Final stage the 4 National Year Group Winners will be invited to attend an awards ceremony at a location to be determined by Google. The 4 National Year Group Winners are determined from an online public vote via www.google.com.au/doodle4google (open from 9 a.m. AEDT Tuesday, 22nd September 2015 to midnight AEDT, on Friday, 2 October 2015). The 4 National Year Group Winners will be selected from the 32 State and Territory Winners. From the 4 National Year Group Winners, 1 National Winner will be selected by Google.
- The National Winner will receive a Chromebook. The winner will receive for his or her school AUD$10,000 of technology equipment. In addition, the National Winner's Google Doodle will be displayed on the www.google.com.au home page for one day, unless Google is required to remove or not upload the Google Doodle as a result of a legal complaint or if the Google Doodle breaches any applicable law.
- The 4 National Year Group Winners will each win a Nexus tablet and 10 x Nexus tablets for their school.
- The 32 State and Territory Winners will each receive a reproduction of their Google Doodle for their school.
- Any prize(s) that remain unclaimed by 27 February, 2016 will be awarded to the next best entry(ies), as judged by the panel consisting of independent judges and Google employees.
- Any personal data (such as student’s name, student’s age, student’s gender, student’s school/class information, teacher’s name, teacher’s job title, and teacher’s contact and school information) collected during the course of the competition by Google will only be used and disclosed for purposes reasonably connected with administering and promoting this and future Doodle 4 Google competitions, including certain internal and external Google communications related to doodles or Doodle 4 Google competitions. Any personal data may be shared with service providers Google uses for the competition. The student’s name (first name and surname initial) & class or year and school name & suburb will be shared with the public for public voting. We may also share personal data of the overall winner and the finalists with the press for publicity purposes. Subject to parental consent (if required), the overall winner and the finalists may be required to participate in publicity such as press interviews or other promotion on the Google services connected with the Google doodles after the competition which Google may reasonably arrange. You are entitled to access your personal data by writing to Google at the address below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to have any inaccuracies in your data amended, blocked or erased free of charge.
- Google and its Doodle 4 Google partners may use the Google Doodles in any manner they see fit (including with or without attribution) within future communications. The Google Doodles may also be used by Google and its Doodle 4 Google partners for press and media purposes.
- All entries and any intellectual property rights in such entries become and remain the sole property of Google. Each entrant consents to all relevant acts or omissions in relation to that person's moral rights in his or her entry which may or might otherwise constitute a breach or infringement of those moral rights and, to the extent permitted by law, waives all of his or her moral rights in the entry. The entrant agrees that, except where prohibited by law, and unless otherwise advised by the entrant, all entries will be entered into a database and Google reserves the right to use the entrant's entry for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid by or to the entrant.
- Google accepts no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused.
- Entries will not be returned. Only one entry per person.
- Google’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to such decision.
- There is no cash alternative and the prizes must be taken as offered. Google reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of an equivalent value should a prize become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept their prize then Google reserves the right to award the prize to the next best entry, as judged by the panel consisting of independent judges and Google employees.
- Awards Ceremony: All National Year Group Winners must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. For finalists traveling from interstate in Australia, Google will provide return economy class air travel and transfer from airport to hotel for the finalist and one parent or guardian, plus 1 night’s hotel accommodation. For finalists traveling from within the state or territory in which the Awards Ceremony is held, Google will provide the most efficient mode of transport for the finalist and one parent or guardian (as agreed with the finalist's parent or guardian), plus 1 night’s hotel accommodation. Google will arrange and pay for dinner, breakfast and lunch for each finalist and his or her parent or guardian.
- First Prize: Acceptance of the first prize is subject to permission from a parent or legal guardian. The prize consists of a Chromebook, Nexus Tablet, 10 x Nexus Tablets and AUD$10,000 of technology equipment for the winner's school as well as a reproduction of the winner's Google Doodle. The technology equipment to be purchased for the winner's school will be agreed by Google and the winner's school. The total cost of the technology equipment component of the prize cannot exceed AUD$10,000 and any unused portion cannot be redeemed.
- On entering the Doodle 4 Google competition, each entrant agrees to be involved in media activity regarding the competition. Google will contact entrants in advance to seek permission if any media request interviews with the winning doodler or a doodler's class. If an entrant is selected as a winner and asked to take part in media interviews, parents of all children asked to take part in the interview will be asked to fill out a media consent form provided by Google.
- Google does not assume any responsibility for any products and services offered under the Doodle 4 Google competition. The products and services are provided solely by the relevant vendors, under such terms and conditions as determined by such vendors, and Google accepts no liability whatsoever in connection with such products and services. The products and services have not been certified by Google and under no circumstances shall the inclusion of any product or service in the Doodle 4 Google competition be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of such product or service by Google.
- The entrants and their parents and/or legal guardians acknowledge that Google and its directors, officers, employees and agents, shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the entrant's participation in the Doodle 4 Google competition or a prize winner's receipt or use of any part of the prizes or for any personal injury suffered during the course of the prize winning travel, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Except for warranties and conditions implied by law which cannot be excluded, Google makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality or suitability of any prizes awarded under these terms and conditions. Certain legislation may imply conditions or warranties which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. In this event, to the extent permitted by law, Google's liability is limited to, at its option: (i) the replacement of the prize or the supply of an equivalent prize; or (ii) the payment, if it does not contravene any law, of the cost of the replacement or supply.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of the State or Territory of Australia in which the entrant resides.
- Promoter: Google Australia Pty Ltd, Level 5, Workplace 6, 48 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, 2009 Australia.
For more information about Doodle 4 Google please use the contact information below or visit www.google.com.au/doodle4google.
Information for schools:
Information for press:
- Doodle Entry Deadline
- State and Territory Finalists Announced
- Online Public Vote
- Awards Ceremony and National Winners Announced