Judging and Prizes
Finalists will be judged as described below:
1 National winner
- A Google Doodler will pick the overall national winner out of the four national year group winners.
- The winning doodle will be hosted on Google Australia’s homepage at www.google.com.au for 24 hours.
- $10,000 worth of technology equipment for their school, Chromebook for the National winner in addition to the Nexus Tablet that they receive as a national year group winner.
State and Territory finalists
- 320 finalists will be chosen, 10 for each year group in each of the 8 Australian States and Territories: Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia.
- Doodle 4 Google certificate.
- State and Territory winners.
- 32 winners will be chosen across the year groups and states/territories.
- Printed copy of the doodle for their school.
- Doodles to be displayed on the Doodle 4 Google website for public vote.
- National year group winners.
The public will be asked to vote online for their favourite doodle from each year group, to help select the four national winners.
- 10 x Nexus tablets for the national year group winner's school.
- A Nexus tablet for the national year group winner.
Doodles will be judged based on the following three categories:
- Artistic Merit: based on grade group and artistic skill.
- Creativity: based on the representation of the theme and use of the Google logo.
- Theme Communication: How clearly the competition theme is expressed in both the artwork and the written statement.
- Doodles that contain copyrighted images or logos will be automatically disqualified.
- Only one application per student. If more than one is submitted only the first will be considered and those thereafter will be disqualified.