Special Prize 2013
To celebrate our theme of Exploration, this year we're announcing a special prize for one teacher, nominated by the Doodle 4 Google national winner's school: a trip to the Antarctic onboard the Australasian Antarctic Expedition. The expedition prize is sponsored with thanks to the Commonwealth Bank.
1 National winner
A Google Doodler will pick the overall national winner out of the four national year group winners.
- The winning doodle will be hosted on Google Australia’s homepage at www.google.com.au for 24 hours
- A trip to the Antarctic onboard the Australasian Antarctic Expedition for 1 teacher as nominated by the national winner’s school. The expedition prize is sponsored by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia
State and Territory finalists
320 finalists will be chosen, 10 for each year group in each of the 8 Australian States and Territories: Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia.
- Doodle 4 Google certificate
State and Territory winners
32 winners will be chosen across the year groups and states/territories.
- Printed copy of the doodle for their school
- Doodles to be displayed on the Doodle 4 Google website for public vote
National year group winners
The public will be asked to vote online for their favourite doodle from each year group, to help select the four national winners.
- 10 x Nexus 7 tablets for the national year group winner's school.
- A Nexus 7 tablet for the national year group winner.
A judging panel will evaluate the entries based on the following criteria:
- Artistic merit - based on age, drawing skills and use of colour.
- Creativity - based on the representation of the "If I was an Explorer I Would..." theme and use of the Google logo.
- Communication - how well the designer's concept of the theme is expressed.
- Supporting statement - how well they explained their idea of exploration.